Wednesday, July 1, 2015

4-7 Weeks

Weeks 4 & 5

 I'm tired all the time and nauseous all day! I am always hungry and very moody!  Most of our close family and friends already know we're expecting by now. They're all very excited and happy for us! Ayden doesn't quite know what's going on yet when we tell him he's going to be a Big brother! I'm sure he will suspect something when he sees me carrying a big belly! I called and scheduled my baby appointment which will be on June 10th.  I won't be able to see a Midwife like I did with Ayden. So instead I will be seeing a Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor who specializes in High risk pregnancies. All I know is that these doctors watch you closely throughout your pregnancy. I'm a little nervous about it but I'm willing to do whatever for the baby and hopefully go full term this next time around! 


  • The ball of cells is splitting into the embryo (your future child) and placenta.
  • Baby's neural tube, the building block of his/her spine, brain and backbone, is already formed.
  • The amniotic sac and fluid are forming into protective cushioning for your baby.

Pregnancy Memory

Baby's First Race! 
My brother in law organized an amazing fun run for Angel Hands Foundation. It was a really great turn out! And we're very proud of Tyler for all his hard work! Zach and I got to participate and we ran the 5K as a family of four in the rain! 

Weeks 6 & 7

Weeks 6 & 7 were probably the hardest week for me! I had morning sickness all day and everyday! With Ayden's, I was hardly ever sick. I slept great at night. But nope, with this one I don't sleep good at all. I'm always waking up to go use the bathroom. I have food aversions. Every time I open up the fridge I just want to puke! I even had to have Zach go and get me some saltine crackers and ginger ale which helped me a little. I'm also craving a lot of sweets, salads and fruits! 



  • Obviously, he/she's growing like crazy!
  • He/She's also circulating blood with  increasingly more sophisticated circulatory sytem.
  • He/She's about to get cuter too, since their starting to sprout a nose, eyes, ears, chin and cheeks.
  • And he/she might even be wiggling her/his (paddle-like) hands and feet.

Pregnancy Memory  

Sunset sailing at Utah Lake 
For our 4 year anniversary, we wanted to go sailing. The weather was terrible so instead we went to a dinner and movie! We had already paid for the sailing in advance, so they rescheduled for the next weekend. I'm really glad we waited because the weather was amazing! It was perfect! They provided us with dessert and drinks while we watched the sunset. It was my first time out on the sailboat and I was afraid I'd get sick but I didn't! I got sick after when I got off the boat! Haha It was a really great experience though and it made me want to get a boat someday! 




No comments:

Post a Comment