Sunday, March 17, 2013

11 Weeks

March 10, 2013

How's Mom Feeling? 

  This week has been treating me good! Each day that goes by I think to myself it's one day closer I get to finally meet my baby! And it just fills me with joy! I know for sure this pregnancy is going to go by super fast even though it doesn't feel like it right now! I've been overly emotional this week as well, which is to be expected with my raging hormones! haha I find myself thinking a lot about our baby and questioning things like "I wonder what our baby will look like" or "I hope we will raise them up right!" There's just a lot of fears and worries I have but I know I shouldn't because I have God in my life. 
I just pray and pray that Zach and I will be godly parents! :)
Baby is the size of a lime!
 

  • You can't feel it yet, but you're moving fluidly and gracefully in there!
  • Skin is see-through, but you're looking more like a baby.
  • Fingers and toes aren't webbed anymore!
  • Tooth buds, hair follicles and nail beds are forming.






 Cravings?

Spicy food! 
I actually got to fulfill this craving this week when Katie invited us over for lunch! :)
Photo: Chicken Tikka Masala over Cauliflower "rice". With Zach and Monica Lintz.
Chicken Tikka Masala with Cauliflower
Sooo good and healthy! I was definitely satisfied! Thanks Katie!!

Best Memory this Week? 

  Wow, there was a lot of good memories that happened this week! 
The first one had to be Zach preaching on Sunday! I thought he did really well. Not only did he preach...he also did the morning study and the evening study! That is a load! Being a preacher is definitely a full time job and it's a lot of work. I don't know how he does it! His love for serving God is so encouraging and it makes me feel so  lucky that he is my husband!
 The other memorable thing that happened this week was when Zach made me dinner.  Okay it doesn't sound that great but keeping reading... One of the days I came home from work I was feeling incredibly sick and I had a headache all day. I definitely felt pregnant that day! In addition, I was super tired because of daylight savings and I could not bring myself to get out of bed.  So Zach went to the store to get some food so that he could make me dinner. It's funny because I'm writing this and it's making me tear up! (see, my hormones are making me so emotional!)  But in all seriousness, I have to say that, Zach is such a hard worker and he does so much! He takes care of me, he provides for me, and I am so grateful to have him in my life. Everyday I see him get up early to go to work, works his full shift, goes to school at night, comes home almost around 9, eats dinner, goes upstairs to start on homework and goes to bed at midnight. The very fact that he made time to go to the grocery store and to make me dinner meant the world to me! He didn't do it in a grudging way, he did it out of love and sympathy. It makes me cry because I see him working so hard and the least I could do was get dinner ready for him. I never felt so guilty in my entire life and in a lot of ways I felt like I failed as a wife that day. Now, I know I'm probably being too hard on myself but I just had to get it out! :) 

On a brighter note, the other happy memorable day was date night on Friday! Zach and I always try to have date night especially with baby on the way we realize we're not always going to be able to go out as much. So this date night was absolutely the best! It was so simple and so relaxing.  We went out to La Luna for dinner (BTW, Zach took me to La Luna on our first date :).  We got our usual smothered bean and cheese burrito! Yum! My favorite part was just talking to each other. After dinner we rented Sky Fall from Redbox and just watched it at home! We got to cuddle and hold hands the whole time and it was so simple! It was a good date night! :) 

So pretty much my whole week was amazing because of Zach! I love him so much! I pray that our baby will grow up to be a hard worker, smart, loving, caring, loves God, and...yes, frugal like their daddy :) 

I thought this was so cute! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment